Monday, January 18, 2010

God's heroes.

I'm watching Heroes on television tonight and one of the characters is on trial for abusing his power. He tried to go back in time and save the life of someone he cared for a great deal. As I was watching I couldn't help but think how many times I wished I could do something like that. I wished I could go back in time and right some wrong. It doesn't work that way though.

At one point the Hero says to his accusers that if it is wrong to want to save the life of someone who makes this world a better place, then he is guilty. Just then an image came to mind. I saw Jesus on the cross. He was asking if it was wrong to save the life of someone who made this world a better place.

You see that is what Jesus did. He saw the good in us and he gave his life so that we could be forgiven and fulfill our purpose. You and I have been saved to share the love of God and make this world a better place. The transformation begins in us and continues until the end of time.

We are God's heroes. He sends us out to do his work. Praise God.

Cal

No comments: