Sunday, January 11, 2009

It takes time to learn

We had our new pellet stove installed on Thursday and over the weekend we were busy experimenting with it. Lori read the instructions and watched the video. She played with all the settings and after two days we seem to have it operating well.

Lori commented that she thought it was eating the pellets at too brisk of a pace. We talked about the settings and I just suggested we keep trying different things.

It made me think about our first days of walking with Christ. We didn't know all there was to know. (The truth is that I am still learning every day.) It takes time to establish a rhythm and to figure out exactly what we need to do. A lot of it is by faith as well as trial and error.

The biggest thing I learned is that we need to trust God and lean on him. Sooner or later we will get it together and become more efficient in our walk and our witness. So I am trusting the same thing will happen with this stove. But for now, I'm just happy that it is warmer in the house than it has been in a year.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Keep leaning on those everlasting arms my friend.