Monday, December 1, 2008

We are all becoming someone new

I've been watching reruns of the old television show, Remington Steele. The show ran from 1982 to 1987 and starred Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalist. I rented season one from Blockbuster and have been enjoying it this past week.

It's a sentimental thing. Lori and I were married in 1982 and this was one of the shows we regularly watched together. The funny thing is that watching the show has stirred up a lot of memories. It's like I have been transported back in time. It has been a nice experience.

As a by product of all this I have also been thinking a lot about how time changes so much. For example when this show premiered Stephanie Zimbalist was the headliner. She was a star because of her family connections and some of the things she had already done. Pierce Brosnan was a relative unknown. One of the studio heads almost nixed him because they were looking for someone with a resume.

Fast forward twenty five years and most people don't even know who Stephanie Zimbalist is. But they know Bond, James Bond. They know the man who played him in the 90's. It made me think about the fact that life is a process. We are all in the process of growing and evolving into what we will become. Today is not the end of my life. I am continually growing and learning and becoming that person who I will be.

I think that is why Jesus said we should not worry. We should trust him and live each day as it comes. I know I am not that same man who watched this program 26 years ago. Thank goodness. I am wiser and more deeply connected to Christ today. I am more sure of who I am and what I am doing. So are you. So rejoice in what God is doing in your life and the growth you have seen. For you are truly a new creation and a blessed one at that.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

I praise God for the blessings in my life.