Thursday, December 18, 2008

Moments in prayer

Prayer is like oil in the lamp of life. As we pray we let God fill us with His Spirit. It energizes our soul. It gives life to our being. It connects us to the source of hope and power. Sometimes people think prayer is all about asking God for things. That couldn't be farther from the truth. Prayer is communion with God.

The truth is that when I pray I allow God to use me to fulfill his will for me and others around me. It isn't so much about us, as it is about God. It is unlocking God's power. Jesus understood this very well. He always gave God the credit for the amazing things he was able to do. Then he told us that we would do them too.

So what are you waiting for? Unleash the power of God in your life today. Stop and spend a few minutes in prayer.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Prayer is my lifeline to God.