Saturday, December 6, 2008

Go with the Spirit

I almost didn't go. I had planned on going all week but things didn't really go my way and when I woke up this morning I began debating whether or not I should still go. I'm not talking about church. I'm talking about Weight Watchers.

I started back on program last week and I didn't really do that well. I got up this morning and hopped on the scale. After looking at the number I really didn't feel too excited about paying to see the same results.

So I pretty much decided to skip the weigh in and head down to the church instead. But as I took off I changed my mind. I was going to face the music. If I want to lose weight, I'm going to have to stick to it and this might just be what I needed.

I walked into the Center and plopped down my money and then stepped on the scale. I told the receptionist that I didn't think I did too well. Then she said, "Two pounds. Not bad!" I was bummed and she saw my face and said, "I'd give my right arm to lose two pounds. Cheer up!"

I couldn't believe my ears. I lost two pounds. Suddenly I was very glad I came. I was blessed. I think it is the same way with going to church for some people. After a bad week they think feel that maybe they aren't feeling good enough to go. But those who decide to go almost always report they feel so much better after attending worship. Their spirits were lifted and they were blessed.

So don't let a bad week get you down. Go with the spirit and come to worship and let God bless you.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Amen, and congrats my friend.