Friday, December 12, 2008

The perfect gift

What will they think of next? I got a flyer in the mail today for a Heattrak Walkway mat. It is portable, waterproof and electric and designed to lay on top of any surface. The advertisement suggests that it can be left outside all winter and it will melt snow and ice for you. It sounds too good to be true.

What amazed me most is the ingenuity that it took to come up with this device. Someone saw a problem and then went about finding a solution. As I sat there trying to decide if we should buy one or not, it struck me that I was trying to answer the same question many people are asking themselves this Christmas: Do I really need Jesus in my life or not.

The truth is that God saw that we had a problem with sin in our lives. It created a rift between Him and us. So He developed a creative solution by coming to us in the form of a child, the babe of Bethlehem. He walked among us and showed us how much He cared. Then God spanned the gap by creating a bridge to God through his own sacrifice on the cross.

Now we are faced with deciding if we really need him or not. We can go on like we have always gone on. Or we can embrace him and know new joy and hope in our lives. The choice is ours. Christmas is here again. There is a free gift for you under the tree. Will you take it or leave it there. It is up to you.

God bless. Merry Christmas.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

I will gladly take His sweet embrace.