Thursday, May 8, 2008

Do you worry too much too?

I was scared to death of what he was going to say. I had a doctor's appointment and I just didn't want to go. Well I wanted to go but I was afraid of what he might say. My elbows have been bothering me for a while now and at first I assumed it was tennis elbow. Then it got worse.

I finally decided to go to my primary care physician. He told me to take some advil for the next week to see how it helped. A week later I was still suffering. He suggested I go to an orthopedic physician. That got me scared.

Although I was assured that I would probably only get a cortisone shot and be as good as new, I wasn't so sure. Then my imagination began working on me. I thought of all the Hospice patients I have ministered to that had bone cancer. By the time I got into the office today I was sure that I was going to die.

At 2:35 p.m. I went in to see the doctor and fifteen minutes later I came out with the verdict. I have tennis elbow. All that worry for nothing. I'll get some physical therapy and be as good as new in a month or two.

It made me think about all the needless worrying we do. Jesus says that we should not worry. We should give our worries to him. We need to learn to trust him for he is good. I KNOW THAT! But I forget sometimes. Maybe you do too. So let's make it a pact that we will remind each of to give our worries to God on a regular basis and get on with living and praising him the rest of the time.

Thank you God for my tennis elbows.

Cal

2 comments:

Denise said...

Give your worries to God, He will be up all night anyway.

Anonymous said...

There are few ways to get rid of forearm pain and tennis elbow, and one of the effective way is to wear Elbow Braces.

Although there are many good elbow braces - as far as quality, comfort, and prices are considered - Serola's Gel Arc Elbow Brace is the best one for forearm pain. I'd say it was well worth my $20 investment, and I highly recommend this product to others. Couple years ago, I used to type a lot in front of a PC and would get Carpal Tunnel. Then, I heard about this elbow brace made by Serola Biomechanics from a co-worker. Since I started wearing the elbow brace, I never had any forearm pains. It worked for me!

Visit the manufacturer's website for more info, in fact, you can directly buy from them at: http://shop.serola.net/product.sc?categoryId=1&productId=6

Hope it helps, and good luck to you!