Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Trust and Obey

I am watching the extras on the Lost Season 4 DVD and I am amazed at all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes to make things look so realistic. For example I would he never guessed that they use so many stunt doubles on the show. Did you know that all of the scenes that are shot in different cities around the world are really shot on the Island? And that Island is Hawaii!

When you watch these extras and see the actors who play the various roles, it gives you a very different view of the show. I don't know if I like it. It is so much easier just to go with the flow and be surprised by the action. How come that isn't true for life?

We want to understand everything that happens to us in real life. We want to know why and how this or that happens. We want to peek behind the curtain and see what the Wizard (God) is doing. We feel if we could just understand the sorrows we face and why they happen, then we could accept them.

I don't think it would make a bit of difference. The truth is that the best way to live life and find happiness is to live with a deep and abiding trust in God. I like that old song Trust and Obey. It says trust and obey, for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey." here is great wisdom in those words.

Cal

No comments: