Friday, August 31, 2007

I got the music in me

There is an old kids song entitled, "Jesus Put A Song In My Heart" that came to mind as I was walking into the Post Office this morning. I had my headphones on and my new ipod was playing Frankie Vallee's "Sherry Baby" as I stood in line. I felt a little foolish because I couldn't help myself as I swayed to the music. I must have looked a bit foolish but I was caught up in the music.

We had this old ipod sitting around the house since last Christmas. It was a casualty of my daughter's need to have a unit with a larger capacity. I kept thinking about claiming it and doing something with it but it seemed like to much work.

Now I wished I had claimed it a long time ago. It is great. It made me think about the number of people who sit on the fringe of church life. They see their friends and neighbors going to worship and living a faith filled life, but they don't take the initiative to try it our because it seems like too much work. They don't know what they are missing.

Well I got to put my headphones back on so I can listen to songs from Randy Travis, Three Dog Night and the Beetles that I imported last night.

Cal

No comments: