Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Making Precious Memories

Every year on my birthday my dad would let me take a friend to Riverside Park in Agawam, Mass. It was one of the highlights of my teen years. I loved riding the roller coasters and playing the games on the boardwalk. The Park seemed so big and there was so much to do. We would literally open and close the park. I loved my father for that.

On Monday I took my youngest daughter to Six Flags as a last fling before school starts. We rode a couple of rides and then went to the water park and attacked a few of the big water slides. We had a great time. As we were driving home I wondered what she would remember from this day.

Our memories are strange things. Sometimes it is the smallest details we remember and other times it is the broad brush strokes. As I think about the things I have done in my life, it is often the people who come back to me as much as the events. I think of and remember the people who cared for me and shared time with me.

I think that is why it is so important to spend time with family and friends. Too many of us have good intentions when it comes to family time. We have to turn the intentions into reality. The same is true with spending time with God. We need to set aside good quality time with God very week in prayer, worship and devotions. For this is where the true blessings in life lie. so what are you waiting for? Start today.

Cal

No comments: