Saturday, March 24, 2007

Staying on top

It is funny how quickly things fall apart at home. Just a couple of days ago I put in the last load of laundry and washed the last of the dishes. When I got home tonight I was greeted with a sink full of new dishes and a couple of baskets filled with dirty laundry. The garbage can was also brimming over the top in the kitchen and there were papers all over the family room where my daughter was working on a project. The mail and several newspapers had collected on the dining room table and just looking at everything made me tired.

I wish that the house would just stay clean but with an active family it seems that in order to stay on top of things you have to do a little bit every day.

Our faith life is no different. If we miss a few weeks at church or if we skip a few days reading the Bible it is so easy to drift away. And when it comes to fighting our bad habits, we need to be mindful of them or else we will start back sliding without even thinking about it.

The best way to have a healthy lifestyle and a clean home is to work at it every day. Then the things you do will seem easy and you will reap the benefits of as happy home in more ways than one. Well, I'm off to do the dishes. I might as well start instead of just complaining about it. Then I'll feel better and the house will be a bit cleaner too.
Cal

No comments: