Friday, March 9, 2007

Flexibility takes time

I went to my yoga class this morning. At one point during the exercises, I had to laugh out loud. The instructor asked us to cross our arms in front of us and to lace our fingers together. As hard as I tried, I could barely make contact with my hands after crossing my arms the way she was doing it.

After class I apologized for my outburst and explained that I laughed because I could not even come close to doing what she did. She looked at me and asked, "How many times have you done that move before?" When I told her "never" she told me that's why I couldn't do it. She has been doing it for years. The more she did it, the more flexible she became. She told me to keep trying and in time it would become easier and more natural.

It is the same way with our faith life. Once we decide to follow Christ, we will probably stumble and fall several times. But in time, we will get better at it and our faith will start to carry us along. So don't give up. Just keep practicing and your faith will become as natural as breathing.

Cal

No comments: