Saturday, January 8, 2011

It always comes back around

Some of you may have heard about my snow blower dilemma last week. I didn't have an extension cord that would fit so I had to shovel the walk and driveway the "old fashioned" way. When I wrote about it in my weekly epistle, I had several people write back and offer me a cord that would work. I felt blessed to know that so many people were willing to do something so nice. None-the-less I went out and bought a 100 foot cord and put it with the snow blower for the next snow storm.

Guess what? Last night it snowed and we had seven inches fall on our walk. I got up early this morning and blew away the snow. It was a snap and the new cord worked perfectly. This afternoon I cam back and cleaned it up a little better. While I was out there I noticed my neighbor's walk hadn't been done so I went to work on it. I thought I would pay forward the kindness that was offered me during the last snow storm. The new 100 foot cord worked perfectly and gave me enough cord to do her walk as well as the rest of mine.

I don't mention this to toot my own horn but just to note that every time we do something nice for someone else, it always seems to come back to us. Maybe that is why Jesus encouraged us to treat others as we would want them to treat us. I think he knew something.

So next time you have been blessed, pay it forward and watch it come back to you in time.

Cal

No comments: