Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A God who abides

I think my cat does not realize how much I love her. Misty comes to me every morning. She seems excited to see me. She follows me everywhere and then I hear her. She meows at me and heads to her little room. The room where her food and drink is.

It is then that I realize that all she sees me as is a source of food and drink. She couldn't care less if I lived or died as long as I am there to feed her. It is so sad. She will never be able to appreciate all the things I can do for her.

The truth is that many of us do the same thing to God. We look at him as a supplier of our needs. We call on him when we need something and then forget about him when the need is met. Yet God wants to do so much more for us. We simply won't allow him to be God.

The people who really get it are the most blessed people in the world. They enjoy a deep and abiding relationship with their creator and know his peace. They live lives filled with joy and go about their daily routines with a knowledge that God is always with them.

I pray that you might find this type of relationship with the lover of our souls. If you haven't done so yet, stop thinking about what God can do for you and begin living life with him at your side. You will be glad you did.

Peace.

Cal

No comments: