Monday, August 17, 2009

Unflappable

The alarm went off at 8:30 a.m. this morning at church. Not the alarm clock, the burglar alarm. My daughter called to tell me and I headed for the church to see what was up. I met a police officer at the door and we entered the building.

The high pitched screech of the alarm greeted us and I slowly walked up the steps of the back entry and circled around the corner of the chapel. Sitting in a chair was one of the homeless men I met at the Interfaith luncheon for the hungry the day before. He was oblivious to the alarm. I quickly deactivated it and he said, "I'm here."

I almost laughed out loud. "You told me to come and I'm here. I knew you would be along in good time," he said. That alarm didn't bother him. He was as calm as could be. Most of us would have run or lost our nerve if we had walked into that situation.

It made me think about God. There is no situation that worries him. Nothing can startle or scare him. When he says he will be somewhere, you can depend on him. He will be there to meet and greet you.

Praise God for that. He is unflappable and we are the ones who have been blessed by it when we get into trouble and call on his name.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Amen, He will always be there.