Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Carpenter from Galilee can fix your broken heart

I got some news today that touched me deeply and made me realize just how broken so many of us are. We have been hurt or scarred or knocked down by the world. As I drove from here to Waterbury for a meeting, I kept thinking about a number of people I had talked to and prayed for over the last two weeks. In almost every situation, the individuals were dealing with pain that ran very deep from hurts caused by others.

I kept thinking about one of the toys I had as a kid. Shortly after I received it, I dropped it and broke a piece of it right off. I cried and no matter how much I wished it hadn't happened or how hard I tried to put it back together again, it just didn't work.

Sometimes life is like that. The Good News is that God knows and he understands. He specializes in brokenness and he has the magic touch to help put our lives back together again. I came across this music video that speaks to this subject and I thought I would pass it along.

May God pick you up in His arms and put you back together again with his love.

Cal

2 comments:

Denise said...

Thank you for this my friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning a relationship with God and I can't believe how much I've been missing out on. Thank you and God Bless you.