Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stepping out

This afternoon I participated in the wreath laying ceremony at the grave of Samuel Huntington. He was one of the forgotten founders of the nation. Denny Gibbs was the Master of Ceremonies and Attorney General Richard Blumenthal was the guest speaker.

The service began with the Governor's Footguard bringing in the colors. I was honored to give the invocation and I gave thanks for the vision and courage of our founder fathers. Then I asked God to bless the day.

As the foot guard came in I used my camera to take a video. It came out pretty good so I decided I would try uploading it to You Tube. I've never done anything with YouTube before so I was a little nervous and unsure of what to do. Within a few minutes I had signed up and uploaded the short video to YouTube and then posted it on Facebook.

I don't look at myself as being very old, but some of the newest technology does intimidate me. As a result I haven't done very much with it. This afternoon that changed. With this upload I took a step that will allow me to do even more creative things in my ministry

It made me think about the number of thing that we let get in the way of doing what God calls us to do. We hesitate because of fear, uncertainty, a lack of knowledge and so many other things. As a result we limit ourselves and limit what God wants to do through us.

Maybe its time we stop letting fear get in the way and begin taking action. All we need to do is step out in faith and do that thing we have been avoiding. For me it was sharing a message through YouTube. Today I've done that and now I'm ready for the next step. It's your turn now. Go ahead. Do it.

Here's my first YouTube video. Enjoy it.

Cal