Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter every day


I love the spiritual depth of Holy Week. Every day I feel so close to the Lord as I reflect on what he went through during his final days before his crucifiction. I can only begin to imagine what he was thinking, the fear, the doubts, the hopes, and his absolute faith in God. And as I read the Scriptures and hear what he says to his disciples and think about the unfolding events in his life, I can honestly say that I get caught up in it every year.

On Easter morning there is no greater high than gathering at Sunrise with other believers. For the twelfth straight year we gathered at Howard Brown Park. It was beautiful. The sun came up over the city in an inspiring view of God's creative ability and the scene was set to recall that first Easter Day.

We are so fortunate that God loves us so. The good news is that Easter dawns every day. Our triumphant Lord comes to us again and again now that he has risen. So if for some reason you missed the sunrise on Sunday, look for it the next time you get up and celebrate his love in your life.

Cal

No comments: