Friday, April 13, 2007

Love is never scary

I stopped in to get a horror movie at the local Movie Store for my daughter and her friends tonight. As I tried to pick one out for her it dawned on me that I don't enjoy the gory movies like I used to when I was a kid. They just make me sick now.

As I was chatting with the owner I mentioned this and he said something very profound. He noted that when we were kids we never really thought death was real. It was the stuff that scary movies were made of but they had nothing to do with life. He said that now that we are getting older, death is always on our mind. So it isn't really fantasy anymore. Deep huh?

I had my third tragic funeral in a month and he hit the nail right on the head. I think I'll stick with romantic comedies because everyone can use that kind of fantasy in their lives nowadays. Well that's all for now. I think I'll go up and tell my wife I love her. Why don't you do the same if you are married. If not call your kids, your parents or that someone special in your life and let them know you care. After all, life is short, especially when you get to be my age.

Cal

No comments: