Monday, August 23, 2010

After church yesterday I set my camera down and it disappeared. I am not sure if I simply misplaced it or if someone picked it up, with or without thinking. The end result is that this morning I went crazy trying to find it. I turned the church upside down looking for it. I cleaned my office, Sandy's office, my car and still couldn't find it. I prayed, I cried and right now I am just willing it to return.

I couldn't help but think of Jesus' parables in Luke 15 as I was searching for it. You remember them. Jesus talks about the shepherd who leaves the ninety nine to search out the one lost sheep. Then he mentions a woman who lost a coin and turns the house upside down trying to find it. Finally he talks about the lost son who returns and blesses the father's heart.

I know my camera is a small thing in the big scheme of things but I went all out looking for it as if it was the most valuable thing in the world. Because of these stories that Jesus shared, I was reminded just how much God loves us. That's why he did the crazy thing he did, sending Jesus to take our punishment on the cross, so that we could be with him forever.

What an amazing God we have. What amazing love he shows. Thank you God.



Amen

No comments: