Monday, October 12, 2009

It really is true

I received this email today. I was pretty excited. I never knew there were so many generous Christian people in this world. This woman wants to bless me.

Mrs.Sarah Estroff writing from / Herzog Hospital, Jérusalem, Israël.

Greeting to you in the name of our Lord,

I am the above named person from Israel, I am married to Mr.Braverman Estroff who is an Oil Consultant / Contractor in before his death, due to the crisis between our country and Gaza , We were married for eleven years without a child. Before his death we were both born again Christian and we worship in Glorious chapel church of God. Since his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of ( $12.5 million U.S. dollars)in a trunk box with a Finance company in Italy, Presently the fund is still with the finance company.
Recently, my Doctor told me that i have serious sickness which is cancer. But I pray to God to heal me so that I will be alive and see his work done as my late husband instructed me.Having known my condition I decided to contact you for your urgent assistance, so that you will help me contact the finance company were the consignment box is been deposited by my late husband. on how the consignment will be realised and transferred to your country were we can invest the fund in a good manna and also for me to get my self
well treated and make sure that i invest the fund on what my late husband has instructed me before his death.

For your information the finance company is not aware of the real content of the consignment box, because the consignment was deposited as family belongings in a truck box for safe keeping by my late husband .
I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money, This is why I am taking this decision,I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going, I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. My Dear, please I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health.
As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the finance company for you to communicate with them and claim the consignment box by all means which no one in the finance company management is aware of the contents of consignment box as money, as the consignment was deposited as confidential family valuables, for security reasons. I want you to always pray for me because the lord is my shepherd. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian and whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I Stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply for more details and may God be with you. I will like that you get back to me with further details on Regards, Your sister in Christ, Mrs Sarah Estroff.

Don't laugh. I know it isn't real. There have been scams like this going on for a long time. That's why we say "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." It's the same reason why so many people have a hard time accepting Christ's offer. Jesus said that if you come to him and confess your sins, they will be forgiven. There's more. If you accept Christ you will not die but have eternal life in him forever.

Sounds too good to be true. Many of us have grown up with the idea that unless we do x, y and z we will not go to heaven. We know we aren't perfect so God will punish us. Even though the Bible proposes that grace is the order of the day we feel like we have to do something to earn God's grace. To have it as a free gift just doesn't make sense. It isn't believable. Yet that is what the Bible promises.

The apostle John says, "For God so love the world that he gave his only son that whoever believes in him shall have everlasting life. For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world but rather that the whole world might be saved through him." John 3:16- 17

That is God's promise. The one who created us and has blessed us also says these words. They may sound too good to be true but when you consider the source there is no doubt that you can trust them. You see that is the key. The truth is not in what is said, it is in who is saying it.

I don't know this Sarah at all. She could be legitimate but I cannot trust her. I do know god and he has proven to be trustworthy time and time again. So when he makes a promise you can believe it, I do and I hope you will too.

Cal

No comments: