Sunday, July 10, 2011

No waster even in waste

I was on my way home from church today when I saw the sign. It said "manure for sale." I laughed out loud at the thought. Who would buy manure? Then I remembered that my father used to use manure to fertilize the fields before he planted his garden each year. I don't understand how it works, but he told me that there was something organic in the manure that helped the vegetables grow.

We have an amazing God. That sign confirmed the words of the hymn we sang in church this morning titled, "In His Time." God created an order of things where everything is useful in its own time and in its own way. Nothing goes to waste.

That is the biggest reason for our hope. God doesn't give up on us. He wants to have us with him for eternity. So call on him and you will find your salvation in him.

Cal

No comments: