Saturday, May 12, 2007

Better than a dumpster

It has been very nice outside and I have been walking a lot. The other day I was walking through a nice neighborhood when I saw something that caused me to stop and think. On the main street I was overcome with the beauty of some of the houses I walked past. Many of them were historic and well kept. But as I looked closer I began to look beyond the house in front and notice the back yards of the homes on the next street.

Whereas most of the front yards were well kept and the homes brightly painted and nicely decorated, many of the home on the next street had clutter in their back yards. As I turned down that street I was amazed to see that it wasn't because one street was nicer than the next. I found the front yards on the next street just as nicely kept. As I looked at the back yards of the street I had just walked down, I noticed the disarray that was hidden from my initial walk through.

It got me thinking about facades and the false faces many of us wear. The truth is that all of us are struggling with some issue in our lives. We put on a happy face but no one sees the back yard were we keep the junk.

I am so thankful that God is in the rubbish removal business. Jesus Christ is willing to come in and haul away all that stuff that is messing up our back yards. all we have to do is call. Jesus loves you so much that he wants you to live life in the wonder of God's grace. So go for it. Call on him.

cal

No comments: