Sunday, February 8, 2009

A hope and a future

I have been watching the first season of the television drama, Lost, over the last few weeks. Tonight it dawned on me that so much of what happened in season one, was important to what is now happening in season five today.

Of course that happens every day in real life. The decisions we make today affect what happens tomorrow and in the weeks and years that follow. The thing that we often forget is that God is right in the middle of everything that happens. I love the story of Joseph. It is a reminder that no matter what is going on in your life right now, God is working out his purposes through the events that transpire.

Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." That is good news. That means that even if things are not promising today, we can trust God to walk with us and help us turn them into victories in the future.

Cal

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing my friend, bless you.